The Law Student Intern works alongside ECAP staff to conduct research, assist in developing resources, and facilitate various projects related to child protection and abuse prevention.
The Evangelical Council for Abuse Prevention (ECAP) is a standards and accreditation organization that supports Christian ministries in helping create safe environments where kids can hear the gospel and grow in discipleship.
The Law Student Intern must be a professing evangelical Christian who has dedicated his/her life to following Christ and advancing the Great Commission. The Law Student Intern must embody the mission and vision of ECAP in service to others, in living a life that honors Christ, and actively seeks to fulfill our calling of biblical stewardship.
The Law Student Intern must affirm the ECAP statement of faith and the code which includes the code of ethics, code of conduct, and conflict of interest policy. He or she must successfully pass a background screening process and be a member or regular attender of a bible-believing, and gospel-preaching church.
The Law Student Intern should expect 5-10 hours of work a week, dependent on availability and need. The applicant may apply for a Spring, Summer, or Fall term. Specific dates will be based on the applicant and either their availability or the semester of their program.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree
- Flexibility, organization, and the ability to work within a team
- Possess research, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to monitor deadlines andstatus of projects, and high capacity to prioritize and manage diverse projects
- A desire to serve ministries seeking to keep children safe
Duties of the Legal Intern would include:
- Report to and work closely with General Editor in a variety of projects
- Document proofreading, editing and writing
- Conduct research pertaining to child protection
- Assist in resource development
- Various administrative tasks when appropriate